Frank Sarris Public Library Policies
- Bring your library card or a valid photo ID when you borrow materials or use library computers.
- You can borrow materials for 14 days.
- You can renew most materials up to 2 times by contacting the library by telephone at 724-745-1308 or with your online account.
- You can check out up to 20 items at one time per library card.
- You can only check out 5 DVDs per library card.
- You can take them inside to any circulation desk.
- You can use the two drop boxes available outside the building.
- One drop box is for books and magazines.
- The other drop box is for digital media, such as DVDs, Playaways, and Audiobooks.
- Return Young Explorer kits inside the library at a circulation desk.
|Books, Audiobooks, Playaways, Magazines
|2 weeks (may be renewed twice if there are no holds)
|1 week (may be renewed twice if there are no holds)
|2 weeks (with no renewals)
The library cardholder is responsible for
- All materials checked out on the card
- Payment of any fines or fees for overdue, damaged, lost, or stolen materials.
- Reporting a lost card immediately
- Providing prompt notice of a change in address
Patrons are responsible for the care of library materials in their possession. Items deemed damaged beyond repair will be billed to the patron’s account.
Library items that are lost or remain unreturned will be billed to your account. Bills include a processing fee to cover re-cataloging, processing, and bar codes. A lost item must be paid in full to restore borrowing privileges. In-kind replacements are not encouraged and cannot be guaranteed to be accepted. The library reserves the right to accept only payment and not a replacement item.
Payments can be made by cash or check. To use your credit or debit card at the library, the transaction must be a minimum of $5. Fines are not calculated on days the library is closed. Borrowing privileges, including computer use and access to electronic resources, will be suspended when the fines reach $10.
|Books, audiobooks, magazines
|$.20 per day, up to a maximum fine of $5.00/item
|DVDs, Playaways, Launchpads
|$1.00 per day, up to a maximum fine of $5.00/item
|Replace a lost or damaged library card