Frank Sarris Public Library (FSPL) Curbside Pickup FAQs
**If you or any members of your household are experiencing a fever, cough, or any COVID-19 symptoms, please do not schedule a curbside pickup. **
Who can use Curbside Pickup?
Curbside Pickup is available for current physical library cardholders whose accounts are in good standing. If you have a balance of $10 or more, that balance must be paid below $10 before you can request and pick up any item. For the safety of our staff, we will not process payments curbside. You may call the library and make payment over the telephone. Curbside Pickup is not available for Virtual Library Card Holders. Virtual Library Card Holders only have access to our electronic resources.
How do I reserve items?
Place requests online via WAGGIN or over the telephone. There is no fee for this service. If the item is not at FSPL, a request cannot be placed at this time. When placing a request using WAGGIN, you will see “item unavailable” if you are trying to place a hold on an item outside your home library. Requests for Inter-Library Loans (ILL’s) and Young Explorer Kits are not available at this time. Library telephones will be answered during the following hours:
Monday – Thursday 10am – 7pm Friday and Saturday 10am – 2pm.
Requests are limited to 20 items per library card account. All item limits, such as 5 DVDs, remain the same as under normal operations.
How will I know my items are ready?
A staff member will call you to let you know the item(s) are ready. Once your item(s) are ready, you will have 7 days to pick up your item(s). After 7 days, items not picked up will be placed back on the shelves.
What time can I pick up my items?
Once your items are ready, a staff member will call you with the pick up date and time.
Who can pick up my items?
Items may be picked up by the library cardholder or the person that the library cardholder previously designated within their account as permitted to pick up hold requests. For a child, the Parent/Guardian listed on a child’s library account or previously designated person may pick up for the child. All persons picking up items must present a valid photo ID (i.e. driver’s license). Staff will not release items to those without valid ID.
How does Curbside Pickup work?
- Reserve your items online or over the telephone by calling 724-745-1308 and pressing #1. If you are registered at a WAGGIN library other than FSPL, you may still place a hold request with us by calling an FSPL staff member at the above number.
- Once your items become available you will be notified and a scheduled pick up date and time will be arranged. You may then pick them up curbside at the scheduled date and time. Otherwise, you may pick the items up in person at our main circulation desk during our public service hours. You will have 7 days to pick up your items. After 7 days, your item(s) will be placed back on the shelves.
- When arriving, enter the FSPL parking lot on Murdock St. and park in one of the three designated numbered parking spaces along the fence on Murdock St.
- Stay in your car and call 724-745-1308, pressing #1 for the main circulation desk, identify yourself and provide your curbside spot number (#1, #2 or #3). If you are walking up for curbside pickup, select an open spot and follow the steps above to notify staff of your arrival.
- Staff will approach your window from a safe distance to ask for your ID. We can view the ID through the vehicle’s window or if a walkup, you may place the ID on the rolling cart for staff to look at without any contact.
- Once the ID is verified, please open the back of your vehicle so the staff member may safely place your item(s) inside. For walkups, you will take the item(s) off the rolling cart at a safe distance.
What if I no longer want to check out the item(s) I have on hold?
Please call the library at 724-745-1308 and press #1 during the designated telephone hours to be connected with a staff member who can assist you.
How do I renew items?
You may renew your items online or over the telephone. To renew online, login to your acccount. You may renew items if no one else has requested them, and if the renewal limit has not been reached.
Where do I return items?
You may return items via the outside drive-up/walk-up drop boxes on North Jefferson Ave., which have 24-hour access. Only themed bags can be returned during Curbside Pickup. Launchpads and Young Explorer Kits must be returned inside the library at the main circulation desk. All returned items are placed in quarantine for 72 hours before being checked in and placed back on the shelves. Items will be marked as returned in your account shortly after that 72-hour period. Overdue charges will not be assessed during the quarantine period.
I returned my items, but my account says they are not checked back in yet.
In order to ensure the safety of our staff and customers, we are placing all returned items into quarantine for 72 hours before checking those items in. Your items should be marked returned shortly after that time. Overdue charges will not be assessed during the quarantine period.
What are the safety precautions your staff is taking?
All staff members are required to wear a facemask and will practice social distancing from other staff members and members of the public during the curbside service. All items returned to FSPL during this time are placed in a 72-hour quarantine before being placed back on the shelves. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who jeopardizes the safety of our staff and/or patrons.
Can I donate gently used books, DVDs, etc.?
Donations are not being accepted at this time.
Can I park in the library parking lot?
The library parking lot is only open during the following times:
Monday – Thursday 10am – 7pm
Friday and Saturday 10am – 2pm
Vehicles left unattended in the parking lot at any other time will be towed.
Updated: 8/8/20 8:43 p.m.