Celebrate National Poetry Month and enter the Express Yourself Poetry Contest sponsored by the FSPL Teen Advisory Board.
• ONLY ONE POEM PER PERSON may be submitted.
• Ages 7 & up who live in Canonsburg, Cecil Township, and North Strabane Township may enter.
• Age categories are 7-9 years old, 10-13 years old, 14-17 years old and 18+ years old.
• Poems may be any subject matter, in any form, but must be suitable for a general audience.
• Poems must be original and not previously published, in print or online.
• Do not put your name or contact information on your poem. Your name should only appear on the entry form and in the body of your email (if submitting online). Our judges will see only the poem.
• Entries must be received by the end of the day, April 23, 2022.
• Confirmation of receipt will not be provided, nor will your entry be returned to you.
• First place and runner up will be awarded in each age category. First place and runner up poems will be published on the library website and highlighted in the library newsletter. The decisions of the judges are final.
• Winners will be contacted the week of May 2nd .
HOW TO ENTER
Poetry contest entries will be accepted by email or at the Frank Sarris Public Library. For online submissions – Complete this Entry Form and submit your typed entry as an attachment by email to email@example.com, including your name in the body of the email. For hardcopy submissions – drop off your typed or legibly written poem to the circulation desk with this completed Entry Form. Remember, your name should not appear on your poem.