- This event has passed.
Find-n-Seek – A Scavenger Hunt
May 1 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join us for a scavenger hunt around Canonsburg. Teams will have to finish a variety of tasks/challenges, earning points for those they successfully complete. The winning team in each division (family, teen and adult) will receive $50. Teams can pre-register or just walk in before 2:00 p.m. to join in the fun. No more than 5 people/team. Face masks are required in the library. In the case of inclement weather, Saturday, May 15 will be the alternate date.
Find-n-Seek >>>How it Works and the Rules:
- The goal is to obtain the most points, completing as many items/challenges as possible within the allotted time-period.
- Teams sign in at the library between 12 – 2:00 p.m. to receive their Find-n-Seek sheet and begin the hunt. Teams must return their Find-n-Seek sheet to the library no later than 3:00 p.m. No sign-ins after 2:00 p.m. and no Find-n-Seek sheets accepted after 3:00 p.m.
- Find-n-Seek boundaries – Along E. Pike St. between Iron St. (at United Methodist Church) and Ashland Ave. (past Washington Financial on left), and from N. Jefferson Ave. to Murdoch St. (leave from and return to the library)
- Each challenge has a point value as denoted on the Find-n-Seek sheet.
- Complete the challenges in any order.
- One section of the hunt involves around the town photographs. To complete these challenges, participants must have a way to take digital photos, such as cell phone with a camera, tablet, digital camera, etc.
- All photos must be taken during the timeframe of the event.
- Teams must show their photos to the judges upon returning to the library to receive points for photo related challenges.
- Teams must stay together for the duration of the hunt (i.e. may not split up).
- Cheating, stealing, sabotaging, or breaking the law will result in automatic disqualification.
- When talking or interacting with community members, business owners and staff, library staff or TAB members, participants must be polite and respectful.
- If entering a business to look for the library book, be respectful and follow business directives (i.e. wear a face mask if required), do not impede other customers and leave the business as you found it.
- Obey the law at all times – No items can be obtained illegally, no trespassing on private property is permitted, etc.
- Library staff and/or TAB members verify and tally points as sheets are returned, announcing a winner from each division at 3:45 p.m. Winners do not need to be present.
- The team with the most points in each division will be the winner. In the event of a tie, the amount of time taken to complete the hunt will be used as a tie-breaker (i.e. team with fastest completion time from sign-in to returning your sheet). The decisions of the judge(s) are final.