- This event has passed.
Express Yourself Poetry Contest
April 24 @ 9:00 am
Celebrate National Poetry Month with us and enter the Express Yourself Poetry Contest sponsored by the FSPL Teen Advisory Board.
• ONLY ONE POEM PER PERSON may be submitted.
• Adults, teens, and children ages 7 & up who live in Canonsburg, Cecil Twp. and North Strabane may enter.
• Age categories are 7-9 years old, 10-13 years old, 14-17 years old and 18+ years old.
• Poems may be any subject matter, in any form, but must be suitable for a general audience.
• Poems must be original and not previously published, in print or online.
• Do not put your name or contact information on your poem. Your name should only appear on the entry form and in the body of your email (if submitting online). Our judges will see only the poem.
• Entries must be received by Saturday, April 24, 2021.
• Confirmation of receipt will not be provided, nor will your entry be returned to you.
• First place and runner up will be awarded in each age category. First place winners will receive a journal. First place and runner up poems will be published on the library website and highlighted in the library newsletter. The decisions of the judges are final.
• Winners will be contacted the week of May 3rd.
HOW TO ENTER – Poetry contest entries will be accepted by email or at the Frank Sarris Public Library.
For online submissions – Complete this Entry Form and submit your typed entry as an attachment by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name in the body of the email. For hardcopy submissions – drop off your typed or legibly written poem to the circulation desk with this completed Entry Form. Entry forms may also be picked up the library circulation desk or via curbside service. Remember, your name should not appear on your poem.