This year we will explore the theme Oceans of Possibilities by learning about both current marine animals and ancient sea creatures like the Megalodon. We will learn from different cultures about their water myths and legends including mythical creatures like Kelpies. We will play games and talk like a pirate. Finally, we will learn about the water cycle and how to keep local waterways clean.
Week 1 | July 11th – July 15th | Marine Life
Week 2 | July 18th – July 22nd | Ancient Oceans
Week 3 | July 25th – July 29th | Water Myths & Legends
Week 4 | August 1st – August 5th | Pirates
Week 5 | August 8th – August 12th | Water Conservation
All weeks will run Monday through Friday and will be held at the Frank Sarris Public Library both inside and outside of the building. Drop-off and pick-up times are strict as we will begin one hour prior to the public opening of the library.
Enrollment is limited for each week of Summer Reading Camp due to space and staff. Please pick the weeks that you know your child will be able to attend. There is no refund of payment if you are unable to attend your week.
Registration forms must be completed and returned with payment to be considered complete. We cannot hold a spot without the form and the payment. Mailed registrations will not be accepted. Click here for a registration form.
Some of our guests giving presentations (The Pittsburgh Zoo/ Carnegie Museum/ National Aviary) currently require masks, however, this mandate may change. Parents will be informed prior to activities that require masking. Masks will be provided if necessary. Money will not be refunded if masks are required for an activity.
Camp will begin promptly at 9:00 am. You may drop off your camper beginning at 8:45 am. Due to library hours beginning at 10:00 am, we will not be able to admit campers later than 9:10 am as it will disturb our program. If you must be late, arrangements will need to be made prior to the start of camp. Pick up will be at 12pm.
Things you need to bring!!
• A reusable water bottle.
• Sun block, a hat, and/or sunglasses (for any outside activities).
• No Toys and No Flip Flops (dress to run and play).
• Please mark your belongings the best you can, we know stuff will get lost.
• Popcorn will be provided as a snack for our movie day on Fridays. If your child would prefer a different snack, you may pack them something else that is small and contained.
• Some of our guests giving presentations (The Pittsburgh Zoo/Carnegie Museum/ National Aviary, etc.) currently require masks, however, this mandate may change. Parents will be informed prior to activities that require masking. Masks will be provided if necessary. Money will not be refunded if masks are required for an activity.